You Are The Brand: The 8-Step Blueprint to Showcase Your Unique Expertise and Build a Highly Profitable, Personally Fulfilling Business
Much of the personal brand space plays out in two ways. The first group of people sells a false version of themselves, thinking that image or perception alone will get them the results they seek. These folks don’t realize that attention isn’t owed, it’s earned.
The flip side of presenting a false version of yourself is oversharing in the name of authenticity. They talk nonstop about their issues, sometimes revealing way more than what is even comfortable to read about. It’s as if these people are trying to sell their struggles, and it doesn’t work in the long run. Like a car wreck, these folks garner attention, but it’s short-lived.
Here’s a simple question that can serve as a litmus test for you: “Can I build a campfire around what I’m sharing?” Is there warmth? Are you building something that is attractive and inviting to others? Can you build a community around it? Are you someone whom others want to invite onto their stages, in front of their employees, or into their lives?
In You Are the Brand, Mike Kim shares his proven 8-step blueprint that has helped build the brands for some of today’s most influential thought leaders ― as well as his own personal brand. In this practical and inspiring book, you will learn:
- How to identify and showcase your unique expertise
- How to gain clarity on your message, market, and business model
- Why the most effective marketing strategy is to simply tell the truth
- How-To-Preneur vs. Ideapreneur ― Which one are you?
- The three kinds of personal stories that ensure you stand out in your market
- The simple “9-Box Grid” that shows you how to price your products and services
- How to cultivate “rocket ship relationships” that skyrocket your revenue, and influence